Monday, March 30, 2009

1 Month in review

I can't believe my little boy is already a month old.
It has been a crazy, exciting, and AMAZING last few weeks.

I am totally in LOVE with that little man.
So here is the run down....

London is a still good sleeper (Thank goodness that hasn't changed), he sleeps for about 3-4 hours at a time at night then he wakes up to eat and goes right back to sleep. I am one LUCKY Momma :)

After being gone for 2 weeks, Mike came home last Monday. It has been GREAT to have him back. London is rather attached to his Mommy so it has been a little difficult and he cries every time Daddy holds him. He is starting to get used to Mike though, he actually slept on his chest for an afternoon nap yesterday.

At our Dr. appt on Friday (1 day shy of him turning 1 month) London weighed in at a hefty 10 lbs and 8oz. He has gained almost 4 lbs since he was born a short 28 days ago.

London doesn't like to swing, have tummy time, or sit in his baby papasan chair. He really only enjoys activities that involve me holding him. I'm worried that I am creating a monster by carrying him everywhere, but I think he is still to young to break of the habit. Hopefully he will start weaning himself soon. I mean I really doubt he will want his Mommy to carry him around highschool. Eventually he will want to be put down, right?

Here are a few more recent pictures of the little guy.

Friday, March 20, 2009

A Day In The Life Of London Michael!

Well, things are going great here in Columbus. Mr. London will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. I can not believe 3 weeks have already passed us by. We had a Dr appt today and he now weighs 9lbs 2oz. He is such a big boy these days. At our appt today the Dr discovered he is still a little jaundice, so we are trying to take care of that.

Things are going far better than I thought they would be at this point. I am actually getting sleep at night. Now that is NOT to say I'm not tired though. Sleeping in 3 hour increments is not conducive to a good nights sleep. HAHA Being a Mom is HARD WORK!! London actually stays awake for 3-4 hours at a time during the day, so he definitely keeps me on my toes. It is so worth it though. I love that little boy more then I ever imagined I could. I'm still in AWE everytime I look at him.

Since all of you can not be with us everyday, I figured I would post a couple pictures so you can see what a day in the life of London Michael Martinez looks like....

Playing with my toys!

Learning my name!

Chilling in my chair!


And finally, Sleeping!!

Friday, March 13, 2009

Lets be honest...

You can NEVER have enough pictures! :)

Londons First Bottle :)

Just some cute ones :)

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

How Time Flies!!

Wow, I can not believe London is already 10 days old. It feels like just yesterday, I was complaining about still being pregnant hahaha.

Things have been going GREAT around here!! He is such an amazing baby. He sleeps for 3-4 hours at a time, only waking to eat then he goes right back to sleep. I have been amazed at how much sleep I have actually gotten over the last week and a half. I was prepared for much much worse. He loves to eat and has already gained 1.5 lbs from his birth weight. He is a little jaundice so the first 3 days we were home were spent going to the Dr to get his levels checked. However he seems to be doing alot better and just laying in the sun is taking care of it. Nursing is going really well too. We are both like old pro's these days :)

Our Families came in this past weekend, and London finally got to meet his Abuela and Juanito. My Mom and niece Ashlyn and sister Jennifer came up to visit with him as well. It was great to have everyone here. I think we have all decided that he looks just like Mike, but he does have my feet and hands. Poor kid, at least he is a boy though, so maybe they will actually fit his body one day hahaha.

Here are a few more random pics of the little man.

The bib says it all!!!

Another Smile :)


London clinging on to my shirt while I try to put him in the bath.

London's First Bath, He was NOT happy about it. I felt so bad, so we had a speed bath haha.

Monday, March 2, 2009

We're Home!

Well we are HOME!! It's great to have him here, and not be stuck up at the hospital anymore. London is doing GREAT!! The first night was rather rough, he cried from 5pm to 2am STRAIGHT. He redeemed himself the next night though by not crying AT ALL. He slept for 4 hours then I woke him up to feed him and he went right back to sleep for 3 more hours. He seems to be a great sleeper thus far, however only time will tell. Here are a few more random pictures. I will update with more tomorrow. I have yet to upload the ones off our camera, so these are just a few we took with our cell phones.

Daddy's first nap with London :)


He looks so much like Mike in this picture. He also looks like he is deep in thought haha!!