Monday, October 24, 2011

Holden's Birth Story

Phew, I finally have a minute to sit down and write Holden's mini birth story.

Let's see, where to start?

Wednesday October 19th, I turned 37 weeks. FULL TERM!! Wooohoo! It would have been AMAZING had I not been experiencing contractions every 4-6 mins for 3 days. I was MISERABLE! I was so sore that it hurt every time the baby would kick. At 10am I had my 37 week appointment with MY Dr. Did I mention that I LOVE her? I was dilated to 4cm and 100% effaced and waters bulging even more. She told me, "If you dilate anymore I'm pretty sure this baby is just going to fall out. Let's just put you out of your misery!" She then stripped my membranes. It was by far the most painful thing that had ever happened to me! I shouted a few cuss words and she responded with "yeah, I get that alot" HAHAHA!!

Wednesday night, I was contracting every 4 mins (again) and they were getting more and more painful. So I decided to call the Dr and see if I could go into the hospital. The on-call Dr was HORRIBLE!! She was rude, rude, RUDE! This is how the conversation went with her...

Me: I'm contracting every 4 mins and have been for the last 3 hours straight, they are becoming more intense and I'm having trouble walking and talking through them.
Her: Well your only 37 weeks.
Me: Yes, I know but I'm in a lot of pain and I'm not sure what to do.
Her: Well how is this any different than what you have been having for the last few months?
Me: Umm, they are ALOT more painful and intense.
Her: **Sigh** Well, I'm not sure what the point of you going to the hospital is. If you are in labor...ok. But if you're not, I'm just going to send you home.
Me: Ummmm, OK? My last baby came really fast, so I'm a little worried about that too.
Her: *Rolls eyes* (Yes, I could HEAR her roll her eyes) Ok well you can go to the hospital, but I'm not going to come in. I'll have a nurse check you when you get there.


I was SOOOOOOOO mad. Seriously, contractions every 4 mins is not reason enough to go to the hospital? After I hung up I may have called the Dr a few choice words that I am not proud of, but at that point I was PISSED!!

When I got there, I had dilated a little more since my appointment so they gave me some pain medication, and kept me for the night. I quickly passed out.

GOD BLESS AMERICA, My Dr was on call the next morning. She came in at 7am, and said she thought I was leaking fluid, dilated to 5+cm, and that we were gonna have this baby TODAY! My contractions had slowed down a bit so she had me get up and walk for an hour, then broke my water.

I'm not going to lie, I expected for Baby Holden to FLY out like London did after breaking my water, but he didn't. Nothing really happened actually. We laid around in bed for about an hour with contractions every 4 mins (just as they had been for days). Then my nurse came in and told me they were going to start pitocin. I have heard horrible things about pitocin, so I promptly asked for the epidural.

About an hour later I got my epidural and it was glorious. I felt nothing, and when I say nothing I mean NOTHING. I just laid around for the next 3 hours watching TV and eating ice chips. About that time, I started to feel some pressure. The Dr checked me and it was time to push! She told me to hang tight while they got the birth cart and supplies, but yeah my body had a different plan. I NEEDED to push.

2 contractions and 7 mins of pushing later, Holden Alexander was born (and peeing on the Dr).

 Mike was grossed out by cutting the cord. I thought it was hysterical. 

Holden was crying when London got there, so he wasn't quite sure what to think of him at first. 

 But he eventually warmed up. 

 Me and my boys...Horrible picture of me, but cute of the boys so I had to put it up. 

 Our first family photo!

 Daddy and his boys :)

Brothers :)

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Holden Alexander is here!!

Holden Alexander arrived today at 3:53pm. Weighing in at 7lbs 2oz and 18.5in long. I will update in a few days with his birth story and more pictures, but for now I'm going to love on my new little man! He is absolutely perfect!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Holden is a Quitter

Ugh, so I have had contractions at least every 6 mins for the last 36 hours. I really thought last night was going to be THE NIGHT. They were painful, very painful, and really looked like they were going somewhere, but as you can tell from the title of this blog post, they did not.

I'm still pregnant. MUCH to my dismay.

I'm at my wits end, and so so so sore from contracting so much over the last few days.

I'm exhausted since I didn't sleep much the last few days. At least if I had a newborn I would be able to cuddle with him in the middle of the night, instead of tossing and turning in pain, accompanied by the occasional trip to the bathroom to puke.

I went into the Dr yesterday just to get checked out when the contractions were every 4 mins. I had dilated another cm (4 now) and about 90% effaced. I didn't see my Dr and since I was only 36w6d she couldn't do anything to help me out of the contraction marathon.

My 37 week appointment with MY Dr (not the on call) is tomorrow.  I'm still contracting this morning but they are not nearly as regular as they were yesterday.

During contraction-fest yesterday, we decided to go walk around the Zoo to help get things going. My sister-in-law went with me to take care of London and I moaned and waddled my way around the zoo, stopping for the occasional photo.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

36 Weeks and Eviction Notice.

Here I am still pregnant! *Puke* *Burp* *Contraction* *Groan* *Waddle*

I did it! I made it to 36 weeks. Not quite full term, but close e-damn-nough.

Since I have not updated in a while allow me to elaborate why on this great day I am so stinking disgruntled. 


Some of you who have been following me for a while may remember that when I was 35 weeks with London, I started this nightly crontraction-puke fest. It usually lasted for about 3-5 hours each night and instead of sending me into definite labor, it usually tapered off a few hours later. Ultimately it was a big freaking waste of my time and energy. Well guess what?

IT'S BACK!!!!!

Thankfully this time I have been armed with Phenergan to help the nausea and helps me sleep through a fair amount of it. Not all of it though. I have been up EVERY.SINGLE. NIGHT. for 10 freaking days dealing with this crap. I'm exhausted and have gotten to where I dread and each and every night because I know what's coming. 4-5 hours of pure labor...that leads NO WHERE! 

People always ask me about the great natural birth vs medicated birth debate. My answer is always the same...unless there is a cash reward at the end, I want a freaking epidural. My reasoning is that I've dealt with labor in 3-5 hour increments for the last 2 weeks, and it sucks... like really bad, and I didn't even have to push a baby out of my lady bits in the end. I went through enough just to GET pregnant with this baby, I deserve a freaking epidural.

So today at my Dr's appointment I got some encouraging news. I'm 3-4 cm dilated, 75% effaced, and have bulging waters. Baby is extremely LOW and in position.WOOHOOO!  She said the three most magical words to me "Any Day Now". It was pure music to my ears.

My Dr pulled me off all meds (actually last week she did that) and off all modified bedrest. She said "let's get this baby out!" She doesn't like the fact that my waters are bulging. She said that if I am still pregnant in 2 weeks (which she highly doubts) that she is going to break my water at the hospital, where she can control it and I will be guaranteed that before mentioned magical epidural.

So we officially have an EVICTION DATE: October 27, 2011 @ 7:30am

The end is near my friends...very near. I'd be lying if I said I didn't do a happy dance while leaving the Dr's office today. It was quickly followed by a panic attack when I realized I would have a newborn in 2 weeks or less. Talk about a roller coaster of emotions. But, I'm ready. Oh so ready! Bring on the baby!!!

Here are a few belly pics (OMG, these could possibly be my last)

35 weeks

36 week (Holy smokes I look tired!)

Sunday, October 2, 2011

I'm Next!!

Back in February, when I first found out that IVF #2 had worked, I also found out that 4 of my friends were also expecting. All of them were due within 6 weeks of my due date. It was great having friends to enjoy this pregnancy with. Oddly enough, 2 or them were also pregnant with  me last time. It was fun swapping random texts complaining about swollen ankles, bed rest, and irritable uterus'. One even even ended up on bed rest with me. Copy Cat HAHAHAHA!!!

 As September rolled around, my friends started having their babies.

I sat by, watching each one of them welcome their perfect babies into the world, just waiting for my turn. Well guess what....IT'S FINALLY MY TURN!! 

Yesterday my last friend who was due before me delivered her perfect little girl. Congrats Erin!


I will be 35 weeks in a few days, so baby Holden definitely has a little more cooking to do, but we are getting so CLOSE!! The next birth announcement in my little IRL world will be MY OWN!! **Well not totally true, one of my close friends here has a scheduled c-section on Wednesday, but it's scheduled so I'm not really sitting around waiting on her to go into labor**


For those of you who are due after me...I will try to hurry this up so that it will be your turn next :)