Friday, December 18, 2009

"Santa!! I know him!!!"

Now London can officially say this! Today London went and met Santa for the very first time. He did such a good job. I was expecting him to FREAK OUT, but he didn't he sat and stared at Santa. We got a really cute picture of him doing this but I can't upload it for a few more days (LONG STORY). Here is the picture of London with Santa (Santa apparently squints all the time, no wonder he needs Rudolph's nose to guide his sleigh) as well as a few more Christmas pictures.

London and Santa.

Before I start getting nasty comments. They are heatless bulbs, and I made SURE not to let him put them in his mouth.
He loved the lights.
Standing all by himself.

Last year there were only 2 stockings hanging by the fireplace. I could not have asked for a better year!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

I am such a horrible blogger.

Now that London is getting so big and mobile, it seems like I never have time to sit down and actually update my blog. I am always chasing after him. I swear that boy NEVER sits still.

Here are a few new things.

1) London's first Thanksgiving was awesome. We had a great time with the family. The highlight had to be karaoke. Yes, we bought a karaoke machine, and it was AWESOME!! I did a nice little rendition of Nysnc's "Bye Bye Bye". I have a feeling even Lance Bass would have been proud of it :)

2) London had his 6 months shots FINALLY!! I walked into the room and the Dr said "wow, he is a BIG boy" I quickly had to remind him that even though it was his 6 month check up, he was in fact 9 months old. We tried to get him in months ago but due to changing insurance, then having 2 appointments cancelled on us, it just took us a while to finally do it. London did really well. He cried and as did I. I swear those shots never get any easier, for either one of us. London now weighs 21 lbs (56th %tile) (up only a pound in 2 months, Dr said that is very common once they start crawling and burning all those calories) and 28in long (40th %tile) London has gone from being a FAT baby to an average size almost toddler. I guess only time will tell if he takes after me or Mike.

3)London has been obsessed with rubber duckies for a while now, however recently he has taken it to a whole new level. He will not leave the house with out one of them (he only has two). If you put him in the car and don't hand him his "duckie" then you can expect him to throw a fit.

4) I believe that over the last few weeks, London has started talking. He will crawl up to me and say "ma ma ma" and he almost always babbles "da da da" but especially when Mike is around. I can't be certain about whether he knows that I am Mama or the Mike is Dada but I am about 90% sure that he does. However, when it comes time to write in his baby book neither of those will be listed as his first word. Yesterday, while throwing a fit in his car seat because I did not bring "duckie" to the car with us. London said "Duck". It was so cute. He said it several times yesterday and today. Including once when he couldn't reach him, so he started yelling "DUCK DUCK DUCK" I almost cried, my little boy is TALKING!!!

5) As we are gearing up for Christmas, I have been having a field day ordering all of new stuff for London. I got him a a super cute stocking and baby's first Christmas ornament. I can not wait for him to see the gifts we...I mean SANTA... got for him. We are decorating the house for Christmas tomorrow (yes, I know we are a little behind), so I promise to add some pictures then.

I guess that is about it from me for today. I am going to leave you like I always do, with some pictures.

My handsome boy.

A little family photo. Thanksgiving 2009

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Better late than never!

It seems that I always start these entries off by stating how "busy" we have been. Well because I would hate to start changing things on all of you readers now.

Wow, things have been really busy recently, and that has never been more true than it has been in the last few weeks.

Over the last few weeks I took London on his first flight (by myself). We spent 5 days at my in-laws house. Left London overnight for the very first time. We went to one of the hubs best friends wedding. Drove 7 hours home with London. London's first Halloween. Needless to say, it was EXHAUSTING!

The flight went really well. I was alot more nervous than I needed to be. However walking on to a full plane with a 7 month old can be rather overwhelming. London did great he didn't cry at all. Instead he just sat there and smiled and laughed at everyone around us. I couldn't have asked for him to be any better than he was.

Once we got to NC Erin and her adorable little girl picked us up and took us to my in-laws house. It was great to see then, and for London to get to spend so much time with them. He loved his Abuela and Juanito.

The wedding was awesome. We had alot of fun being "childless" for a night. I am not going to lie though, I think I had more separation anxiety than London did. I must have called about 10 times to check on him. But, of course everything was fine.

The road trip back consisted of me doing pretty much everything I said I would never do with London. I not only gave him a lollipop to keep him entertained but I also bought a portable DVD player and played Baby Einstein movies for him the whole way back. Hey, desperate times call for desperate measures.

Halloween was alot of fun. My entire family was in town, so that made for a good time. We also had our good friends Matt and Sierra over to watch the Georgia/Florida. London dressed up as a Dragon this year, however it was raining so we didn't do any trick or treating.

As always here are some pictures.
Halloween Sugar High

Halloween Sugar LOW.
Darth London looks like he is about to take off his Daddy's head with his light saber. (It's actually just a huge glow stick)
His favorite food these days...Pickles!

London the Dragon
The infamous blowpop! He loved it!!
London learning how to play video games with his Grandpa Juanito
Such a big boy at 8 months old.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

A new update.

Wow, it has been a LONG time since I last updated here. Alot of things have been going on for the past few weeks. Lets see, where to start?

London is now a PRO at crawling. Actually he is also a PRO at pulling himself up on EVERYTHING. Now, when I say everything I mean EVERYTHING. He pulls up on the couches, the baby gates, the fire place, laundry baskets, the TV stand, the dogs, and yes, even me. He now crawls after me crying if I try to walk out of the room. If he catches me, he can pull himself up on pants leg. He is also starting to "cruise" now. No this doesn't mean he will be sailing the high seas anytime soon. It just means that he holds on to things and walks around. For example he holds on to the couch and walks back and forth then he will reach over and grab the coffee table and let go of the couch all together. He is FEARLESS. He also knows how to sit down from the standing position, which is nice. My mom tell the story that when I was a baby, I loved to stand up but then I couldn't figure out how to sit back down. I would just start screaming and she would have to come over and sit me down. At least he is not doing that.

London and I are flying to NC tomorrow for a wedding this weekend. I am a little nervous about flying alone with an infant but I am sure it will be just fine. I will be sure to update all about that when I get back.
Playing in Daddy's clothes.
His first little taste of sugar, cotton candy.

London was very upset that Senator Mccain interrupted his episode of Dinosaur Train.
He makes this face all the time now. He sucks in his top lip. It is too cute.
Waiting for the UGA game to come on.
A few bubbles at bath time.

Friday, September 25, 2009

It's all over now!!

Life as we know it is now OVER! London can crawl. He has been crawling (aka: scooting) for about a month, but now he is good at it. He is so fast. I put him down on the floor and walk across the room to get him some toys, and by the time I turn back around he is already out of the room. He snuck away to the kitchen twice yesterday, so we thought it was time to invest in a few baby gates. London is not so fond of them. It ruins his escape plan every time. It's like the show Prison Break around here. I fully expect to catch London drawing blueprint of the house one of these days.
Me and London.

I'm not buying him anymore toys. He had more fun playing in his laundry basket today than he did with any of his toys.

His arch nemesis: The Baby Gate.
A little video of him crawling.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

I have created a MONSTER!!

About 3 weeks ago we started transitioning London from breastfeeding to bottle feeding. It took about 3 months to convince him to take a bottle, but it has been smooth sailing ever since. I gave him a month to wean, and his month is almost up. However, London still nurses to sleep each night. So in an effort to break him of that habit, I have introduced a yet another BAD habit. My child, who has NEVER touch a paci since birth, took a pacifier today. I can not believe it! We found one of Scarlett's pacifiers that she left here, so I gave it to him just to see what he would do. What do you know, he put it in his mouth and didn't let it go all day. So we went out and bought him two of his own. We had to, Mike wasn't too fond of London crawling around all day with a PINK paci. :)
He had just stopped crying because I took his paci away. Hence the red eyes.
I am hoping now that he takes a paci he will stop drooling so much. Right now he has to wear a bib 24/7.

I don't know why, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture of him. He looks so old, it almost makes me want to cry. I can't believe his hair is so red. My Nana (God rest her soul) finally has her red head. She would be so proud. Red hair and green eyes, just like her :)

Sunday, September 13, 2009

No excuse...but more pictures!

I have no excuse to put up pictures anymore now that Mike is home, but I can't help myself. My son is just too dang adorable. :)

Today is my wonderful husbands birthday so I will leave him a little message here since I know he likes to read these posts.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LOVE, your 30, and that is old. I can't imagine how you feel since I will NEVER BE 30!!! I love you!!! MMMmmMMMmmmMMMM!!!
London and his cousin playing in the wagon.

A little family picture.

He LOVED the wagon, this is probably a purchase we will be making soon.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

We have a tooth, strike that, WE HAVE TEETH!!

Things have been pretty busy since Mike got home. When I say busy, I mean LAZY. We have been spending alot of time doing NOTHING. We have just been sitting around and spending time together again as a family again. London is in love with his daddy. I am actually shocked at how quickly he bonded with him, since London is not exactly a FAN of new people and especially not men. However, things have been GREAT since Mike got home. Mike wakes up with him in the morning, feeds him a bottle, and they play for another couple of hours so I can sleep late. IT IS GLORIOUS!!! I have not slept late since London was born. Keep in mind that "LATE" is around 8am, but I WILL TAKE IT!! :)

Oh and in other news London got his first tooth on Sept 1st and his second tooth on Sept 8th. (His two front bottom teeth.) I was hoping that when his teeth finally came in that all of the drool and stop, however it doesn't look that way. He still has to wear a bib 24/7 or else his clothes are SOAKED. Oh well, maybe one day I will be able to take that bib off of him, I would hate to send him to first grade in a bib.

Here are a few pictures of the last week or so.

London holding hands with his girlfriend Scarlett.

He LOVES the dogs, and especially Daisy.

Snoozing in his jumper.

If you look really really really close you can see his first tooth. He wanted to show it off.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Are You Ready For Some Football!?!?!?

London is getting ready for his very first college football season. As you can tell he is a BIG University of Georgia fan!


Sunday, August 30, 2009

London and Cousin Lily.

Tonight London's cousin Lily, Aunt Ashley, and Uncle Anthony came over to visit. He had alot of fun with his cousin Lily (She is two years old). Here are a few pictures of the night.

London thinks Lily is sooooo FUN!!!

It's obvious Lily is Puerto Rican but poor London looks Irish haha.
Two beautiful children!

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Daddy is home!!!!

Surprisingly, my little Momma's Boy LOVES HIS DADDY!!! Mike got home from his deployment today and we are loving every minute of having him back. Here are a few pictures of London enjoying his Daddy time :)

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mommy is so funny!!

I guess he really is our child. He thinks fart noises are HYSTERICAL!!!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Crawling Video

I am sure he was up to no good.

Going in for the kiss.
I have no idea what he was doing here, but I thought it was cute :)

Learning to Crawl

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Baseball caps, sippy cup, and $20 giraffes

Rocking out his hat.
Gangsta London, he was a little shocked too ;)

He still LOVES his Exersaucer

This little plastic giraffe cost us $20!! However he LOVES it and it is by far his favorite teething toy. Worth EVERY PENNY!!
I swear it is just apple juice in that cup.

New Toys!