Saturday, February 28, 2009

London Michael Has Arrived!!!

London Michael was born at 37w5d on 2/28/09 at 3:17 am. 6lbs 13oz. 20 in long. I'll update with a longer birth story later but I have to say for a first time mom, I had an awesome labor!!! Here is a quick run down.

Water broke with out warning at home at 12:15am and BAM! contractions were immediately 3-4 mins apart, arrived at hospital at 12:45am, 1:00 am admitted to L & D. 2am checked for first time and was 4cm. 2:30 am got epidural, 2:35 checked again because I felt a TON of pressure and shockingly found out I was complete and ready to push, but the Dr was not there yet so we had to wait about 10 mins for him to get there. 2:45 started to push....5 pushes later London was born at 3:17 am. I almost feel guilty about how easy his birth was. It was all so surreal.

From the very start to finish my labor only lasted 3 hours. I could not have asked for it to be any better. He latched right away but has gotten a little lazy with it today and tries to sleep through it. He is beautiful, but then again, I'm a little bias!! I need to go take care of him, we are still at the hospital, but they should be letting us go Monday morning. I can not wait to take my little man home.

Monday, February 23, 2009

37 weeks!

Ok so finally I am considered "Term"!! Woohooo!

I have to admit, I'm a little discouraged though. I have been having ALOT of contractions recently. They are really painful and keep me up all night long. They never get closer than about 10 mins apart so I never end up going to the hospital, but wow, there have been several times when I have wanted to. (My Dr tells you not to go to the hospital until your contractions are 5 mins apart)

I'm still 3 cms and 100% effaced and my Dr keeps telling me "soon" but it doesn't seem to be happening. If these painful contractions were at least making progress, then it would be worth it but I have been 3 stinking cm for 2 weeks now...UGH!!! I know I sound like I am complaining, and honestly I AM! It's just that all of these contractions are really taking a toll on me. Dr E also informed me today that he will not induce me until I am one week past my due date... WHAT???? ONE WEEK!! Are you freaking kidding me? Ugh, you can blame my bitterness today on lack of sleep since I only got 3 hours last night due guessed it, CONTRACTIONS!

Ok I'll stop with the bitterness now. It looks like London will actually be a March baby after all!! Which is probably for the best since I like that birth stone better anyway. HAHAHA!

Monday, February 16, 2009

36 weeks!!!


While I know 37weeks is considered "Term", however for us 36 weeks has always been our goal. When I went into preterm labor at just 23w5d, I never thought we would make it this far. Myself and Dr E felt for SURE that Mr London was going to come early. After 11 weeks on bedrest, and countless doses of procardia (my anti contraction medicine), we have finally made it!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!

Friday, February 13, 2009

London is a QUITTER!!

So after having my hormonal break down the other day, I thought I was finally in Labor.
I started having contractions on Wednesday night at around 5pm. They became stronger and more and more regular. By about 10pm I was having them about every 5 mins. Mike came home from work and really wanted me to go to the hospital, but for fear of being sent home empty handed, I decided to wait just a little while longer. I was finally able to fall asleep around 1am only to be awoken several times by...MORE CONTRACTIONS. At 5 am, I finally woke Mike up and told him I thought we were going to have to go to the hospital. I really really really wanted to wait until my Dr. appt at 10am though. I knew something was going on, but for some reason just didn't think "this is it!" Well at 7:30 I finally called the on-call dr from my Ob's office only to find out that Dr E (MY DR) was on call, WOOOHOOO!!! When he returned my call, I explained the situation to him to which he replied "you should have called me last night!" Well at 8 am after a quick stop at McDonalds for a biscuit n' gravy (Note to anyone who might have to go to Labor and Delivery, EAT FIRST! They won't let you have anything but ice chips after you get there, and there is nothing worse then to be a HUNGRY pregnant woman) we were at the hospital. My contractions were still 5 mins apart. The Dr checked me and I was still around 2 cm but now I was 100% effaced. So he made a deal with me, since I was only 35 weeks and 3 days, he was going to make a VERY small effort to stop my labor in hopes of buying London a little bit more time in the womb. He gave me IV fluids and some pain meds to try to relax my uterus. He said that if it was going to stop it would, but if my body was in full fledged labor, it wouldn't matter. Well about 15 mins after my IV was set up, I was flying high on the pain meds and London QUIT!! My contractions basically came to a screeching halt. We stayed at the hospital for probably another 3 hours to be monitored but around 11 am they released me since I was only having contractions every 20 mins or so...UGH!! I know this is best for Mr London. I know every day that he stays in me, makes him a little healthier. But, wow, does he not know me at all? Does he not know how impatient I am? Does he not know that under NO circumstances should he tease his Mother like that? AHHHHHH, this is torture!!

So from here on out I am not counting my contractions. I will be needing some sort of definitive sign. I will not be heading back to the hospital until my water breaks. Ok, so that is not totally true, but it is wishful thinking. I feel like every time I go up to the hospital and they stop my labor its like me crying wolf. I know it's not quite the same thing, but that is how I feel.

So to my precious son I have this to say...Listen London, Mommy is really really really excited to see you, so if you are seriously planning on coming out anytime soon, will you at least have the common courtesy to pop that bag of water first? It will be like our own little secret Bat Signal. If you do this one little thing for me, I promise I will not let the Dr spank you on the bottom when you come into the world. Do we have a deal? Sooner is always better than later, my love, just keep that in mind.
P.S. Oh and one more favor, Daddy and I have a betting pool on when you are going to arrive. He has bet on Feb 14th and 20th and I have bet on Feb 16th and 24th. If you could just come on, say the 15th, so that it's right in the middle and I don't have to listen to how he was right for the rest of my life that would be GREAT!!! We love you! :) -Mommy

Wednesday, February 11, 2009


I'm sorry ahead of time....
Ok Ladies, I feel horrible. I am so ready to be DONE with this pregnancy and to HOLD my baby. I actually yelled at my belly last night as London was kicking and moving and it hurt sooooooo bad. I have no idea what he was doing in there but wow, it was painful. I yelled "GET OUT" and he actually stopped moving and then I felt bad and almost cried HAHAHA. Gotta love those pregnancy hormones.
The hardest part for me is that I have been in preterm labor since 24 weeks and just a few days ago I was allowed off bed rest and off my meds, so it could literally be ANY DAY NOW that he could come. So as a first time mom, I am reading into every little twinge hoping its a sign of labor (it reminds me of when I was trying to get pregnant and reading into every little symptom praying that it was a sign of pregnancy). I'm having contractions but not the "painful, regular, you need to go to the hospital" kind, more like the annoying "just here to get your hopes up" kind. Last week when I went to the Dr I was already 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. So I got all excited but then I read about women who stay at that for weeks, only to finally have to be induced. Oh and to add to my discomfort, I have guilt about wanting him to come out. This weekend I will be 36 weeks, and while I am sure he will be fine if he is born at this point, I go back and forth between wanting to walk and have sex and anything to help me go into labor, and wanting to take it easy for another 10 days so he can make it to 37 weeks (or full term). One min I want to go for a long hard walk and the next min I put myself back on bedrest to keep him in. This poor child must be so confused.
AHHHHHHHH, but I am super uncomfortable. I can barely get out of bed anymore and lets just FORGET about sleeping. Insomnia is my middle name these days. The worst part is he has dropped so LOW that I have to pee every 10 mins, and I'm not even kidding about that. I stand up from peeing and have to sit right back down and go again. Its like adding insult to injury when it takes me 10 mins to drag my pregnant butt out of bed, waddle into the bathroom, groaning with every painful step, only to pee and teaspoon full comes out. UGH, it's just so frustrating.

Sorry ladies, I'm a hormonal wreck today but I'm done ranting...thanks for listening.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

2cm Dilated!!

Well, I went to the Dr today for my 34 week check up and it seems I am officially 2 cm dilated now. I am also off bed rest now, so things might actually start moving along. I am still going to take it easy over the next few weeks for 2 reasons 1) I'm trying to keep London in until 36 weeks so HOPEFULLY he won't have to go to the NICU. And 2) I can't move!! I have gotten to the point where walking is even painful. There is so much pressure down there from his head, I feel like I'm trying to walk with a bowling ball in my *you know where*. Getting up off the couch is hard enough and I am out of breath by the time I get into the kitchen to get a new bottle of water. However, I am not complaining!! Ok, well kinda I am, but I know its for a really good reason.

I am really excited, because his room is pretty much 100% complete. The only thing left for us to do is a few decorative touches. We got his crib last weekend and Mike put it together in record time (Don't worry, there were no extra pieces when he was done, HaHa). We have his Pack-N-Play all set up in our room, as well as his swing, papasan chair, stroller, and car seat. I have also finished washing all of his clothes, blankets, and burp clothes. The only thing we are really waiting for at this point is.....HIM! I also went out today and picked up the last few things to put in my hospital bag. So that is also done. I can't believe, that after all of the time of waiting and trying to get pregnant then trying to keep him in, we are finally in the home stretch. More than likely by this time next month, I will be holding my little man.

Ok well I better be going. I am in much need of a cup of Sonic ice. By the way, that is the only thing this entire pregnancy that I have craved. Thank goodness Sonic sells there ice by the bag for only $2. It's so great not to have to run out at all hours of the night just for a cup of ICE!!