Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July recap and 4 month Dr appt

So for 4th of July (well, actually 5th of July, shhh don't tell) London and I did a quick 24 hour trip down to Savannah. London HATES the car and screamed 3 out of the 4 hours on the drive down there. I swear most children LOVE the car, not mine though! He screams from the moment I put him in his seat until the moment I take him out. That one hour that he wasn't screaming was the first 30 mins of the trip when he fell asleep because it was nap time, and then the last 30 mins of the trip when he FINALLY cried himself to sleep. On the way home I thought I was going to out smart him by rocking him to sleep then put him in his car seat and driving home after his bed time (7:30pm). Well, it kinda worked. He only screamed for 2 hours of the 4 hour trip home. Hence why when we move to AZ (25 hour drive) London and I will be FLYING!

Well when we got to Savannah, things got alot better for the little man. London got a very special treat from Aunt Lori. She had bought him a Popsicle. It was grape and he LOVED IT! It was the very first thing he ever tasted that was not breast milk. I guess it was his very first food, although, it's debatable whether or not a Popsicle can be considered "food". Here are some pictures of the momentous occasion.

After screaming for 3 hours, I think he might just be cussing at me in his head.

The first taste.
Crying because Mema took it away from him.
Mema is a real sucker, because as soon as he cried she gave it right back to him.

Yesterday was his 4 month Dr appt. He weighed 16lbs 6oz and is 26 inches long. That puts him at the 70 percentile for both. So he is definitely still a big boy. While he was there he got 5 more shots :( He screamed, I cried. So, you know, the usual. He seems to be doing FINE today. I am keeping him on Tylenol so hopefully that is helping. After his shots, he screamed for a good 5 minutes. Then I put him in his car seat where, wouldn't you know it, he surprisingly QUICKLY fell asleep (before we we even got out of the parking lot). Maybe the trick is to only travel after he gets his shots haha.


Erin said...

Oh my gosh those pictures are too funny!

My girl had her first shot (that i witnessed) on Monday, and it just about broke my heart!

God, My Savior Forever! said...

Hi Aly!

THANK YOU sooo much for your sweet comment! Honestly, it feels so good that some is willing to take the time to hear me out, anwser my questions or even care when it comes ot my infertility especially here on the blog world. You truly made my heart smile when I read your comment. You have a huge heart and I pray that God blesses you for being so wonderful. Many people don't really understand what is like to be in my shoes. Even though it hasn't been too bad (I've heard of women being totally depressed, isolated etc) but yeah I try to find joy each day even if my belly is still empty and everyone around has a due date..hoesntly though..the waiting is the toughest part. My hubby and I know 100% that God has children in store for will happen it's just a matter of trusting Him and patiently waiting. Here is my email address, I would love to stay in touch! [email protected] it's not too much to ask...I would love to hear a bit about your journey to motherhood. Once again...THANK YOU my friend:D

@-)---- a red rose for YOU!!!

Hugs, Susan

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, I love comments.